Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My topic today is Expierence.
As of right now I am expierencing many new things. On monday I got to spend my 17th birthday in another country. Far away from my family and friends. This was quite different. I went to school, got greeted my everyone in my class by a hug and a happy birthday in english or german. Some of my friends gave me presents and I was beyond delighted. I didn't expect anything at all. I once herd this saying "when you expect the least from someone or something you get the most out of it." This was exactually true. Then I came home for lunch and my family sang happy birthday to me and I blew out the candle on my little green swiss desert. I am really looking forward to seeing if my wish comes true. Every year I wish for something but I always forget what I wished for. This year im keeping tabs on this wish. Because if it ever comes true it will surely be a miracle. After School it was just like a normal day, nothing special. Just running around the yard with no shoes on in the snow with my host brother and sister like normal swiss people. Even though my day was nothing special, I was absolutely okay with this. Maybe a little let down from seeing how other exchange students are clebrating their birthdays here. But maybe we will celebrate on the weekend.
So back to the subject, I guess you can say by now im having the expierence of my life. Some times I think if I was still in the US right now what I would be doing? Would I be driving to school or would I be hanging out with my best friend? I even sometimes this about when I go back. I think about how damn punctiual I will be for everything. Since being late doesn't fly with swiss people. Or maybe I will be calm and cool with whatever happens.
Right now im expierencing so many new things, new cultures, new family, new school, new friends from all over the world, new languages and new ways of thinking. But right now I couldn't be happier with all of these new things. Lately I've been thinking who am I becoming? When I was a child I was so shy, I wouldnt go anywhere without my mommy or daddy. My sister would always talk for me and now im forced to talk for myslef, in another language at that. Some people ask me why I wanted to go so far away from my family and friends? They ask me how am I so brave? I dont really know, I guess right now I just living life as it comes at me. And, honestly it suites me very well. Lately, I feel so spontanious, I never know what will happen next in my life. This is kind of the opposite of the swiss lifestyle, they are so strickt and to the point. Friends here will ask you a month ahead of time what you are doing in this weekend, the teachers will tell you, you have a test next month. But me, of course im always on time but Im living life as it comes to me. One weekend im in a different kanton and the next im in another country, or doing something I would never imagine myself doing. Like being okay with living with a new family. Life is so new and exciting, and right now im loving every second of it. This is my Swiss Expierence.


No comments:

Post a Comment